Top critical review
Good Idea With Some Flaws
April 9, 2019
- good build quality, the buds are metal and feel sturdy.
- they're lightweight.
- the buds have solid tips without the rubber tips I dislike, so you can hear what's around you - good for jogging.
- sound quality is just like the airpods, so actually not great, but not horrible either.
- they're corded together so I don't feel like I'll lose them doing something active
- whenever it pairs, or unpairs, or gets low battery, it warns you at FULL VOLUME. It's incredibly obnoxious, and I have to take them out before I do anything like turn them off.
- the microphone/volume controller is large and has some weight, and is also put closer to the right bud than the left, so the buds feel a little unbalanced. I wouldn't mind the center piece where the battery and electronics are (I'm guessing) being bigger if the volume/mic would be smaller.
- the mic makes you sound like you're underwater. This is the same problem I've had with almost all the wireless earphones I've bought. Even my $100+ Sony's have horrible mics for some reason though.