March 19, 2019
I have been researching vacuum cleaners, especially cordless stick vacuums, since last year. I have a 14 month old who is becoming more mobile by the day, so vacuuming became a priority and at the same time, was stressful. I need to be able to sweep up areas of our home consistently, daily, if not multiple times a day, but having a loud vacuum with a cord attached was making it extremely difficult to do. I've heard Dyson owners rave about their cordless stick vacuums, watched YouTube videos and read reviews online about several different makes and models of cordless stick vacuums. After much comparing of products available on Amazon, I decided to try this MOOSOO version. I'm VERY happy I did. Here is my own personal review and opinion of this vacuum:
1. Suction - I have used this vacuum on hard, laminate floors and area rugs with short and long (shag) pile, and even throw rugs with great success. It transitions well between all these different floor types.
2. Dust canister - The dust canister is ample room to vacuum my entire home (one story, 2 bed, 2 bath) with a family of four. Emptying the canister is very simple and easy.
3. Roller brushes - It comes with two roller brushes. One standard and one soft. I have not needed to use the soft one yet, but I appreciate having the option of the two. It is very simple and easy to remove and switch out the roller brushes, including to clean them. There are two of us in my home with long hair. So far, as long as I clean the hair off the roller brush between uses, this has not been an issue for the vacuum's performance.
4. Weight - One of the reasons I decided to choose this vacuum over others is because it is significantly lighter in weight. This one is just under 3 lb. while others I compared were up to 5 lb. When you're holding it for long periods of time (20-30 minutes), that extra weight can definitely make a difference in comfort and ease of use.
5. Battery life - I have encountered no problems so far with the battery life. I can run it on the low mode (which does a great job for vacuuming floors) for around 25 minutes straight (I haven't timed it exactly, just guess-timating), but definitely long enough for my needs (one story, 2 bed, 2 bath home).
6. One touch button/trigger - This was another selling point for me. With this model, you push the button once to turn the vacuum on and engage the first mode of suction, press again to engage the power suction mode, and then again to turn off. Other makes/models I looked at did not have this option. Some you had to continuously hold the button down or there was a switch to lock the button in place. This vacuum's trigger is straightforward in function and doesn't require additional hand strength to operate.
7. Wall mount feature - Once again, another reason I chose this vacuum. Having a wall mount for storage and battery charging that keeps the unit off the floor and tidy while not in use is key for me. Some of the other vacuums I looked at did not offer this option.
8. HEPA filtration - I live in the Tennessee Valley, a part of the country where allergies are horrible. And I have a 14 month old. It was important to me to get a vacuum that had HEPA filtration. Surprisingly, some of the more well-known vacuums I looked at, did not offer this.
9. Price - This is a big one. After comparing so many different vacuums, including the higher priced, well known Dysons, I realized I could get almost everything I was looking for in a vacuum without paying over the top. I'm willing to pay for quality that functions well, but for me, this vacuum does everything I need/want it to for much less out of pocket expense.
10. Warranty - The manufacturer includes a 2 yr warranty, and since it was so affordable, I also purchased an extended 3 yr warranty, for a combined 5 yr warranty. The manufacturer has already gone over and above in their customer service. When I received the vacuum, there was no user manual with it. They reached out to me and have more than remedied the problem. I'm confident they are serious about their product and customers' satisfaction.
There are a few things that could be improved about the vacuum, including...
1. Dust canister - Being my picky self, I would like to see the dust canister improved. In order to empty it, you have to manually release the hinged bottom, which takes both hands (one to hold the vacuum, the other to release the bottom of the canister). It's easy enough to do, but, in my opinion, it would be nice to have a button that released it.
2. Battery - The battery life definitely could be better, but like I explained, it suits my present needs. I can definitely see where someone who has a larger home or multiple stories would want a better battery life. There is the option of buying an additional battery, but that brings me to my next point...the battery can only be charging when it's attached and in place on the vacuum. It would be ideal if the batteries could be charged separately, and then there would always be a back-up battery ready to go. Hypothetically, you could charge one battery on the vacuum, remove it to use for back-up and then charge the other battery on the vacuum. Simple solution in theory, but I haven't actually tried it.
3. Attachments - The vacuum came with two attachments, a nozzle type and a small, extending brush type. I'm more than happy with these, but I do see where it would be handy to have some additional attachments, especially one that would extend out to reach ceilings and ceiling fans, etc.
4. LED lights - This vacuum did not come with lights on the floor brush attachment. It would be handy to have lights, especially since other vacuums do, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I haven't missed them like I thought I might.
I'm being completely honest. While I have owned a Dyson upright vacuum before, I have never owned/used a Dyson cordless stick vacuum. Maybe if I compared this one to a Dyson, side by side, I might change my mind, but I can honestly say I'm thrilled with this vacuum. It is life-changing to have a vacuum that is cordless and easier to use than a broom. I'm so glad I made the switch to this type of vacuum, and if you are looking for one, I would definitely consider giving this one a go.