Top critical review
Love it but it doesn’t work well for our floor plan
March 5, 2019
I really want to love Rosie (this is what my daughter named her) 100%, but we have encountered some challenges. I believe it’s mainly due to the layout of our house. We have an open concept floor plan, so each room flows to the next without any separation of rooms, which causes Rosie to vacuum in all directions with no method to her madness. I think she is better suited for a house with a traditional/closed floorplan with rooms enclosed by walls. Rosie does a great job cleaning up our mess. The little canister is always full of dust, dog hair, Cheerios, etc. The robot has sensors to avoid running into the walls, furniture, dog but does not have the ability to map out a room. I knew this when I bought Rosie, but I didn’t think it would be an issue. Our floorplan just isn’t the right environment for this type of vaccuum. I do recommend this vacuum for apartments, smaller houses and houses with a traditional floor plans. It just didn’t work out for our house. I will, unfortunately, be returning Rosie. I’ve listed some pros and cons below:
- vacuums really well and leaves floors super clean and dust free
- does a fantastic job vacuuming edges and corners
- quiet (especially compared to our previous robotic vacuum, a Neato)
- long battery life. Runs for 45-50 minutes on the power boost setting
- the spot clean feature is handy, especially when you have little ones spilling snacks and glitter all over the place.
- vacuums under beds, couches, chairs, crib with ease.
- easily transitions from wood floors to thick rugs.
- she keeps the kids entertained. They love following Rosie while she cleans, throwing little pieces of trash at her and “feeding” her animal crackers.
- I really like how this vacuum operates by remote versus an app on your phone or through WiFi
- it’s well constructed with quality materials
- slim design
- vacuums through our house unsystematically often cleaning the same area repetitively while missing big areas altogether (this could be due to our floor plan)
- has a difficult time finding her home to charge. Again, I think this is due to our open floor plan. I believe this wouldn’t be in issue if we had a different layout
- I’m actually sad we have to return her. She’s a way better “pet” than our Labrador Retriever.