Top positive review
Exceeded all expectations
December 4, 2018
Firstly, full disclosure, I purchased [and still use] a corded Shark vacuum that still does a great job. I just have a hate for cords, so I decided to get a cordless.
I did a LOT of research and comparisons between this [Shark IF281] and the Dyson v10 Absolute. I ultimately chose the Shark IF281 for the following reasons:
1. History. My current [corded] Shark vacuum still works very well after 2.5 years.
2. It has 2 batteries. The Dyson has 1, and it has no pre-engineering to allow for an additional battery swap in the future. I consider that a very limiting engineering feature, especially since it's battery life reviews were so devastating for the Dyson.
So I received my Shark IF281 and I LOVE IT for the following reasons:
1. It has no cord!
2. It's actually pretty light. I read a couple reviews where they said it was heavy and you needed two hands. That is not my experience. I'm a disabled vet who just had my dominant hand wrist replaced 6 weeks ago, and I have no problems with the weight of this vacuum.
3. The vacuum head is not terribly wide. Some said this is a detriment, but I find that it's perfect for getting into places where my upright Shark vacuum cannot.
4. I was able to clean areas I have never been able to clean without moving heavy furniture. I LOVE the flex feature. It makes getting under sofas and beds so easy. The Dyson doesn't have this feature. Huge oversight. The flex feature allows me to get to places without having to get down on my hands and knees. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
5. The battery life is not an issue. My home is 2700 sq ft. I have hardwood floors in main areas, but carpet in bedrooms. The fact that it's NOT corded makes vacuuming so much faster that it simply just doesn't take as long to vacuum. So the battery life, especially with 2 of them to swap, is perfect for my sized home.
6. One review said this would make a great secondary vacuum. I disagree. This will do it all, and you may never use your corded vac again.
7. It's so versatile. Popping off the vacuum head and using an accessory is a snap.
8. This will replace my anemic hand-vac that barely pics up anything.
9. Cleanup is so easy.
10. And last, but not least, I HATE to vacuum, but this thing actually makes it a little fun.
I couldn't be happier about this purchase, and I think you'll like it as well.