Top positive review
Amazing Vacuum - Highly Recommended
December 12, 2018
This vacuum is an amazing beast.
If you have open straight-lines with no objects in between two walls, it speeds through those areas very efficiently and in the optimum manner. It dances around objects and obstacles and goes around them to clean. It is fascinating to watch it while it does its job in rather crowded obstructed spaces. I was greatly impressed by its ability to wiggle itself in tiny spaces to clean those areas, and then come out unscathed (that, I thought, wasn't possible for a mere machine!). I had some issues in making the Android App work but support team from Roborock responded in minutes and offering to set up a private call for support (see Q&A on how to set up Mobile App & Wi-Fi Password on the Unit). 5 stars to them. What else can you expect from a few hundred dollar machine?
What I like about this vacuum are:
- Excellent Cleaning Power Both on Floor and Carpets
- Automatic Powerboost Mode on Carpet
- Very low noise that is barely noticeable. Excellent here too.
- Power and Resume Feature to cover bigger areas in a large house
- Cleans and Docks perfectly (most of the times)
- Mop attachment (that I have yet to use). Versatility!
- Very Easy to Operate and Clean
- Extra accessories supplied (filter and cleaner brushes). Very thoughtful. Awesome!
- Mobile App that builds and shows the map of the area cleaned. Superb.
- Covers big cleaning areas without any problem. Great Battery life!
- Voice Prompts & push notifications when starts cleaning and ends cleaning
I don't know about reliability part yet, but feature and performance wise this an excellent machine.
Cons and Improvements Needed
Of course, this is not perfect by all means. This being a mid price model, there are certain missing features that you need to be aware of.
- Battery life is enough for about 1000-1200 sq feet floor, but unit needs recharging for larger floor areas or carpeted area where it spends a lot more energy with carpet boost. It does mostly return back from the base to re-do remaining area, but the behavior I found is not consistent specially if for some reason unit failed to return to the base and lost the map or sensors were not clean etc. If you have a lot more area to handle, you may like to buy a vacuum with a larger battery or one which is more modern camera imaging.
- The unit like all other vacuums will not vacuum dark black or very dark colored carpets or carpets with dark blue or black borders. This is because sensors interpret non-reflection of light as "stairs" to avoid falling. I wish there was a way to disable those sensors when it is ground level and then warn before starting the robot.
- Mopping Feature is hard to use if you have a mixed floor with lots of rugs. Since there is no way to stop it from mopping on rugs without attaching magnetic boundary line markers to stop it going on those areas.
- Mobile App is good for starting and stopping the vacuum, seeing the areas covered in map, and getting alerts. I wish there was a way to create virtual boundaries and restrict to certain area of the floor only. Only way to do that is by putting obstacles or magnetic tapes to block is from going to certain areas.
If you need these features, you may be better of with the higher model.
I would definitely recommend it. Just buy it and you will be happy.