Top positive review
39 people found this helpful
Very good picture, crap remote and wireless
on November 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I was expecting straight chinese trash electronics. I'm very happy to be wrong. I'll do a quick breakdown
1. picture quality is really nice. Like better then my friends full size projector.
2. Sound is passable. For a small gathering, the speakers should be fine
3. The auto correction for keystone is actually pretty good.
4. Build quality. Wow. Feels nice and heavy doesn't feel cheap but still very portable. Very happy with it.
Now the cons. There are few, but could be a deal breaker to some.
1. The wireless streaming is garbage. Like really bad. Barely works with many apps ( I have a mibox hooked up now so it's night and day)
2. The remote and it blaster are terrible. You have to hold the remote right up to it. I thought mine was broken at first. Not great to be honest.
Overall, very worth the 400 I paid. If you need a decent projector, that's protable and has basic functionally with the addition of a Chromecast, this is perfect. The software is crap and so is the remote, but using my phone and Chromecast has solved most of the issues. 8/10. Good job seeying. Please fix the remote or add a phone remote app over WiFi/ native Chromecast support. This would be perfect with those features.
The photo was taken during the day where most projectors would fail terribly. Screen size from 10ft back is about 8ft for context
Update: the projector ended up having issues being charged. I contacted the seeying and they sent out a replacement unit. Got it back in a few days after sending the old one. For anyone worried, they will honor the warranty. Great projector. Great company. For the great service, I'm going from 4 to 5 stars.