Top positive review
My favorite mop - and I've tried them all
September 18, 2018
I have quite the mop collection - from your cheap Viledas to Rubbermaid Reveal to the absurdly expensive Norwex mop system, and I have to say that this is my favorite of them all. We have original hardwoods from 1852 in our condo, and while we love the character they are definitely much trickier to clean than your standard modern-day hardwoods, especially when you have a dog that loves to drool (and that drool sticks to the hardwood coating like super glue). That whole "spray a bit of Bona and wipe with a minimally damp microfiber pad" approach does absolutely nothing in our case, so I've been on the search for the perfect mop for many years.
Here's what I love about the Twist and Shout:
- You can easily wring it out to just the right dampness level. Microfiber pads are always either too wet (not good for hardwoods and leaves behind water marks) or too dry (causing them to flip over which drives me NUTS), but this guy retains just the perfect amount of water.
- Wringing out is incredibly easy and doesn't involve getting your hands wet and raw!
- It does an absolutely fantastic job on dog drool - you'd think that a denser microfiber pad would be better at scrubbing, but for some reason with those I'd have to go over the same spot a bunch of times and really push down hard, but the Twist and Shout removes it all much quicker and with less upper body effort.
- We have 1200 sq ft of hardwoods, and with this mop I can get everything done in a fraction of the time I'd spend with my other mops.
- I toss the mop head in the washer when done - warm quick wash with medium spin and it comes out good as new.
What I don't love about it:
- I won't lie, it doesn't feel like the sturdiest mop ever. But if it breaks I will go an buy a replacement right away, that's how much I like it.
- The bucket could use a pour spout.
- If you got lazy and didn't vacuum/sweep beforehand and come across a corner full of dog fur/hair this mop won't pick that up, but will drag it around - learned this the hard way!
I paid full price for this mop, and while it's definitely an investment I would really recommend it to anyone who is fed up with all of the other options. My Norwex mop is now collecting dust because the Twist and Shout is all I use.