Top critical review
Doesn't quite fit the dock and causes it to disconnect randomly
November 26, 2018
Some pretty big problems I had (at least with mine)
1. Very difficult to remove the joycons from the screen part because you have to dig around for the release buttons. I literally have to jab at the release with my fingernail to be able to pull the joycon off. You also have to kinda "dig" around for some of the buttons because they are now much more recessed.
2. Putting it in docked (tv/charging) mode with the case on is difficult. It's a VERY snug fit. I have to ram it in really hard to get the charger in place. I feel like this might break or damage the charger part of the dock.
3. When I did manage to finally ram it in the dock it would gradually slide upwards enough to disconnect- even in the middle of playing a game.
4. Putting the included rubber cap covers on the joysticks make it so that you have to press extremely hard to get full range of movement. Easily rectified by just not using the covers.
5. One of my joycon covers is slightly warped so the "faceplate" portion doesn't sit right with the back.
Overall I suppose the case would be ok if you only ever intended to play with the switch in handheld mode with joycons attached and only if you were playing a game that you didn't need crisp or well timed controls for.
2 stars because it looks nice but I'm still going to attempt to return it.