Top positive review
These shoes are very comfortable and look great
January 19, 2016
These shoes are very comfortable and look great. Some of the qualities I'd like to make clear are:
1. These boots fit exactly to size. I'm a size 5 and reading some of the reviews, which mentioned that these run small, I got these shoes a size large and unfortunately found them to be a size bigger when worn. But because I did not want to go into the hassle of returning and waiting for the correct size (which would've taken a week or two and also because I needed warm boots due to the weather) I kept the Sperry's and ordered a pair of thick sheepskin insoles which thankfully did the trick. They wear perfectly now.
2. These are not meant to be winter boots! That is for deep winter climate like below 30 degrees Fahrenheit. They are insulated with a micro fleece, which makes them warm but your feet will not be complete warm if the weather is under 30 degrees. I live in NY where we're going through a cold spell these days, and without my cozy fleece foot liners my feet would've been cold. If you want real cold weather boots go with Sorel's winter boot line or something equivalent.
3. These boots are a little heavier than I'd thought they would be, not uncomfortably so, though. But definitely not light!
4. Yes, they're water proof and I assume snow proof but these do not have a firm grip on ice, as I have noticed they don't have traction on slippery surfaces (like ice or a shiny wet surface) even though they do have good traction on dry and uneven surfaces.
4. Very good quality shoe, well made and if you are like me, who keeps things well- then these will last an extremely long time which I'm looking forward to.
5. Overall very attractive, good quality, waterproof shoe for autumn, cold rain and mild winter but NOT for very cold weather and the sheepskin insert helps in making it a much warmer shoe.
6. I would've definitely preferred to buy it half a size or even a size smaller. FITS TRUE TO SIZE. I have slender, size 5 feet, but if I had flat or wide size 5 feet then the size 6 would've been perfect. I imagine this sizing will help those figuring out the right sizing for their feet in the future. Over all satisfied.