Top critical review
31 people found this helpful
Anker/Eufy: Please make replacement parts available!
on June 10, 2017
As of right now, there is no way to get replacement parts for the "HEPA-style" filter and side brushes, both of which will need to be replaced. This is quite disappointing, as this is easily a 5-star product which a glaring omission. Doing a google search shows there are no replacement parts for sale for the Robovac 11, short of emailing Anker and asking to buy them directly, according to Anker's support forum (although who knows at what price). This is not an acceptable way to purchase replacement consumable parts in 2017. The parts really should be for sale on Amazon. However, as I wrote earlier, the vacuum is a 5-star product and I will update my review once replacement parts are more readily available.
The story of a little vacuum that could:
The suction on this thing is incredible. First, I vacuumed my floors with my upright vacuum before use (just to see if this little guy really could impress), moved all cords out of the way, and then let the Eufy go to work. My first impression was, "Wow. This thing is quiet! There is no way it is collecting anything off the carpet." But a quick inspection of the collection bin after 30 minutes of operation showed an embarrassingly large amount of chihuahua fur, dirt, and other little particles. So I emptied the bin and let it resume cleaning. When I noticed that the Eufy had made its way back to the charging station, I checked the bin again. More fur and dirt! Also, there were some medication tabletes I had dropped somewhere several months earlier! I'm not a dirty person, and am still blown away that this quiet little vacuum found some potentially toxic poisons and swept them up before my dogs could get to them.
Impressed, I let the Eufy recharge. This does take quite a long time, but is in no way a deal breaker. The logo on the top of the vacuum pulses when recharging and goes solid when done. When it was fully charged, I thought to myself, "I wonder what else this little guy can find." More dog fur! More dirt! It just keeps finding it. Each time I empty the bin I'm astonished. And now, my floors have never looked cleaner. I can actually lay down on the carpet and not be covered in dog fur when I stand up. Bravo.
- Best value for the price
- Great suction
- Incredibly quiet (I bet I could use this at 2:00 am and my condo neighbors would be none the wiser)
- Lots of modes to choose from on the remote control
- Programable for daily operation
- When battery power is low, suction turns off and the vacuum makes it way back to the charging station (mine has always made it back)
- Doesn't get stuck under chairs - usually it will just flip into "edge mode" and pivot around chair legs
- Doesn't bother the dogs
- Drop sensors prevent it from going down stairs, but aren't too sensitive for carpet-to-hardwood transition areas
- Lack of availability of replacement parts (I'm looking at you, Anker), specifically replacement HEPA filters and side brushes (my first pair are already looking shabby after about a week of use) - The option to buy a replacement dust collection bin and main roller brush would be appreciated as well - currently, I've decided to just vacuum out the HEPA filter and foam cover when they get dirty and reuse them, but this is not a long term option - the unit does come with one replacement filter/foam cover and 2 replacement brushes, but I can't see the brushes lasting a long time
- Unintelligent operation - it just goes in a straight line, bumps into something, turns, goes in another random direction - (this is not a terrible issue, it's just not as smart as other vacs that get a layout of the room and vacuum in straight lines, but there's no way I'm going to pay $900 for this feature **cough cough, Roomba, cough cough**
- Collision detection is terrible - It seems to avoid lightly colored objects well, but runs right into dark objects. No damage, but it is annoying though, since it keeps making its way under my entertainment center and wrecks havoc with all the cords under there. Have a plan in place for issues such as these - I was using gray foam to hide the ugly mess of cords, but the Eufy sails right into it
- Charging is slow but who cares? Program the vacuum to do its thing at 5 pm every day and forget it.