Top critical review
I'm sorry that I bought this, and here's why...
November 11, 2018
I will start with the pros.
1. Long cord
2. Dust bin easy to clean & empty
3. Decent suction. (see below)
Now, for the cons:
1.From the second use, it has emitted an ear-piercing screech. Nothing is stuck in the hose or the motor, nothing is stuck in the belt. I don't know why it's screeching, but it is. Constantly. No matter what function or feature is used.
2. The "easy foot release" to unlock the vacuum from it's upright position is awkward, and requires a very firm foot for it to release. And it's very quick to re-engage if the vacuum is in any way upright. For instance, I'm vacuuming under things, in tight quarters, I pull the vacuum back to change direction, and that 80 degrees (or so) engages the upright lock. Irritating.
3. The canister keeps it from reaching under things, and the wand/hose is very short. So to vacuum under, say, the sofa, I'm on my hands and knees with a stubby wand. It extends, but that feature has pinched my fingers any number of times, so I'm reluctant to use it.
4. Suction is very good when the vacuum is facing forward, including baseboards. It is not so good from the side, which is unfortunate because going down the hallway, I have to maneuver the vacuum directly into the baseboards, back and forth, both sides of the hall. It's possible to run the vacuum parallel to the baseboard, but the curve of the vacuum head makes it all but impossible to simply roll along the base boards. It's necessary to rock the vacuum head, front, back, front, back, along the baseboards for the suction to work well. Again, head-on is the best suction.
I wanted to like this product, but I just don't. I'm already replacing it. Oh, well.