Top critical review
We ignored the bad reviews --- and regretted it
November 24, 2018
We ignored the reviews that pointed out issues with this vacuum cleaner, but we should have taken them more seriously. But let's start with the good points:
1. It's easy to switch from carpet mode to bare-floors mode.
2. It picks up dirt effectively.
3. There's no on-going expense for special bags.
4. The swivel head is good for getting into corners.
1. When it's unfolded for use, this vacuum cleaner simply will not stand on its own. We'd read this in other reviews, and it turned out to be a bigger hassle than we expected it to be.
2. The small dust bin fills up very quickly. Every cleaning day, we have to empty it at least twice, in spite of not having any pet hair to deal with..
3. This unit has dust filters that have to be washed. We didn't know about this in advance. It takes a long time for the filters to dry.
4. If we touch this vacuum in the wrong place, it can fall apart.
5. It has some internal mechanism to hold it upright (which doesn't work), and the only way to release that mechanism seems to be to overpower it, which makes us think that it'll eventually break.
6. All the weight of this vacuum cleaner is concentrated at the top of the handle, which takes more effort to use. Similarly, the brushes pull the vacuum cleaner along on carpet, and it takes significant effort to hold it back. Overall, it's quite tiring.
7. This vacuum cleaner seems to be cleverly designed for somebody who enjoys Transformer toys but hasn't spent years vacuuming carpets.
BOTTOM LINE: Would we buy it again? If there were just one or two "cons," we'd be satisfied, but with the aggregate of all these "cons," we would NOT buy this vacuum cleaner again nor recommend it to friends.