Top positive review
It DOES work for firestick, but ...
November 28, 2018
What most of you want to know is: Does it convert signals from my olden days tv to digital (HDMI) so that I can use my firestick? Yes, it does. However, I deducted 1 star because a clear instruction guide on how to do this would be very helpful. But they're Chinese, so you know.
How to set it up:
(1) Do NOT remove any current cable connections from your tv;
(2) Plug 3 cables in a row into a VCR port on the TV. (You might have 2 ports; choose either);
(3) Plug the other 3 (matching colors w/the tv, although the actual colors are irrelevant) into the ports on the converter;
(4) Choose the video option on your tv (use button on tv or your remote) to set it on video or VCR. not tv or any other option;
(5) Plug firestick into the USB port on the converter and the attached cable into the wall outlet;
(6) Choose NTSC or PAL from slide button on converter (the USA uses NTSC). IMPORTANT: the NTSC and PAL labels are wrong, but it doesn't matter. Choose the one that works;
(7) Buy a USB wall tap/charger (choose the right one for your country), connect the cable that came w/converter and plug wall charger into the wall outlet. (NOTE: the converter MUST be powered on for everything to work properly.)
That's it. I hope this helps.