Top positive review
FastSnail vs AmazonBasics vs Surge Grips
July 15, 2018
At the time of purchase, I couldn't decide between these FastSnail vs AmazonBasics vs Surge Grips. I got all three and will provide a comparison here.
FastSnail Grips - Red and Blue
- Fit: easy to slide joy cons in, snug, feels about the right tightness
- Comfort: feels natural to hold, no strain with prolonged playing
- SL and SR Button: large SL and SR buttons make it easy to press quickly and not miss. Provides a subtle "click" feel when pressed (similar to mechanical keyboards, although the "click" not as pronounced as mech keyboards). This is the main reason I went with these grips over the AmazonBasics or Surge Grips.
- Thumb Grips: came with 4 thumb grips (2 blue and 2 red for this version) and 2 extra height thumb grips
- Price: reasonably priced, purchased at $12.95
AmazonBasics Grips - Red
- Fit: snug, but feels a bit too tight
- Comfort: identical feel to FastSnail's Grips, comfortable for prolonged use
- SL and SR Button: once again, the large buttons make it easy to press, no subtle "click" when pressed, just a smooth actuation. Personally, I like the click. It somehow makes pressing the buttons more enjoyable. I've read in other reviews that you can open up the controller and switch out the springs, but too much of a hassle for me
- Thumb Grips: came with 2 black thumb grips
- Price: great deal, purchased at $3.60 (was discounted, normal price $11.99)
Surge Grips - Grey
- Fit: fits snug, and looks nicer than the FastSnail and AmazonBasics grips since there are no gaps.
- Comfort: comfortable to hold and play, however, it is slightly smaller than the FastSnail and AmazonBasics grips. Seems to still give me some strain on prolonged use. May be a good size for children's hands.
- SL and SR Button: it does provide a subtle "click" when pressed, but the buttons are too small for my liking
- Thumb Grips: came with 2 black grips, slightly thicker than the normal grips in the FastSnail and AmazonBasics
- Price: great price, purchased at $5.70 (add-on item)