Top positive review
Excellent product and seamless transition. Good user tips included with this review
April 3, 2018
I upgraded my speed with my ISP to 1 Gbps but my old Arris modem wouldn't cut it. After doing some research and I narrowed down to Motorola and this Netgear CM1000. I've had several Netgear products before and they are all pretty reliable so I decided to give it a try. I managed to get close to 1 Gbps with this modem. When I did a raw wired test, I could hit the speed to around 980 Mbps consistently.
This is what I did to make things work seemlessly.
1. Do not unplug your old modem yet
2. Take a picture of the MAC and Serial number of the CM1000 (should be on the box too)
3. Sit the new CM 1000 next to your old modem then call your ISP (I use Comcast)
4. Tell them that you need to replace your modem and have your model, MAC, and serial number (they don't ask sometimes) ready
5. Once they input the MAC in their system, swap the modem, give it about 3 minutes to boot up then you're rock and rolling
6. Keep your old modem for contingency
Hope this review helps and if it does, please give me a thumb up.
Update after a year of use: modem has been stable. It was rebooted once due to a local power outage but other than that, I never had to reboot it nor malfunctioned. This has proven to be a good investment. Don't hesitate. Hurry up and buy!