Top positive review
1,683 people found this helpful
Good supplement to a low-carb/keto diet
on May 17, 2017
I received my product yesterday and have taken 2 doses so far- 1/2 scoop yesterday and 1 full scoop today. So here's my initial thoughts:
TASTE: Tastes pretty decent, no different than a "low-carb" protein drink. I agree with a previous reviewer that it's much better if mixed with heavy cream or maybe coconut milk. I bet it would be downright sinful with the SF chocolate syrup that one reviewer mentioned.
KETONE READINGS: Definitely makes your ketone sticks read moderate-high for about an hour after use, but I'm wondering if that's really a good thing? Wouldn't you want the ketone bodies to hang around for a bit instead of urinating it all out?
EFFECTS: HIGHLY recommend starting with a 1/2 scoop and staying there for a while before moving up to a full scoop if you aren't accustomed to using exogenous ketones. GI distress will likely occur. I haven't noticed a surge in energy or mind focus just yet, but it's only my second dose of the product so time will tell.
So here's some things I've noticed after using this product for one week:
1. My ketone sticks are consistently reading as moderate-high, even if I don't drink the product.
2. After starting at 1/2 scoop for the past week, I can now tolerate using a whole scoop without the unfortunate GI side effects.
3. YOU MUST USE AT LEAST 10 OUNCES OF LIQUID WHEN MIXING- NO LESS. Although everyone has a different palate as far as sweet-salty is concerned, I suspect that some reviewers may have underestimated how much fluid they were mixing with the product.
4. It tastes way better with a couple ounces of heavy cream, a cup of water, and a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. The bitterness of the cocoa powder and the cream balances out the sweetener.
5. And finally, I've lost 6 pounds in the past week! I know the majority of that is water weight, and I am using this product in conjunction with a low-carb diet, but it's more than I've lost doing anything else.