Top critical review
Defective upon delivery, nearly caused a fire.
January 10, 2018
The first time I plugged this in, it blew a breaker and nearly lit on fire. I'm an electrical engineer by trade and in my professional opinion, these power strips feature a great deal of shoddy craftsmanship. I opened them up to share with you all.
The power strip on the left is missing a solder pad connection or possibly even a pin to some component. I didn't investigate further as turning the electronics around would probably damage the plastic housing. Needless to say I have not plugged this one in yet and have no intention to do so. The power strip on the right comes with an additional solder bridge between the earth ground and the hot line of the AC connection in addition to all its other features. We are very lucky this didn't catch on fire when it got plugged in. It's totally unacceptable and dangerous to let products like this out the door. I don't know what manner of QA Amazon requires of it's products, but it obviously isn't terribly rigorous. I would warn everyone from purchasing these. If I could give 0 stars I would.