Top positive review
June 19, 2017
With my review i am going to address points from reviews posted. This review is only based on my personal experiences.
1. Price. Yes, this product is expensive. However, it's absolutely worth it. It works very well and I've always felt that my cats not suffering is more important than the price tag. Also, here on amazon is significantly cheaper than other places. (Saved $20 buying it here instead of 1800petmeds)
2. Balding. There are a few things that need to be known for this product. Make sure you are using the appropriate dose for your cats. Weigh them. Do not assume their weight. If they are on the borderline, use the smaller dose or dont use all of the larger one. Also dont put it all in one spot. Make a line from the back of their neck to their shoulder blades.
3. "Frontline is cheaper and does the same thing". Incorrect! Frontline is cheaper but in order for frontline to work, the fleas have to bite the animals. This product does not require them to be bitten.
4. "Fleas didnt go away." You cannot expect any flea product to completely rid your home of them. It takes a minimum of 3 months to completely get rid of them if you actively fight against the fleas. You need to vacuum your floors and furniture every day at least for awhile. You also need to keep up with your laundry and wash blankets regularly, including your bedding. And its also very important to be spraying your furniture down with flea spray. RAID or Hotshot work wonders for this! Spray your furniture and bedding down every night. I also spray in the crevices of my apartment because fleas like to hide.
5. "Fleas were going everywhere so i had to give them a flea bath." Do NOT do this. Them jumping off your pets is a GOOD thing! That means the product is working. If you bathe them before the product has time to set it, you just wasted your money. This is why you need to be keeping up with prevention in your home. Theyre jumping off your animal because the product is working. Vacuuming, washing, and spraying is what will combat the infestation.
You CANNOT get rid of fleas completely in a short period of time so dont expect a miracle. That's where people get disappointed. Let the product do its job and play catch up for the next few months. And make sure you're keeping up with the doses!!