Top critical review
Mouse is fine, ghub software is horrendous
October 10, 2019
The Logitech Gaming Software that was used with older hardware was fantastic. I used a g602 and had to replace it so I went with the updated g604. The mouse itself is fine, feels like an improvement in terms of construction, battery life, feel, etc.
However, it wasn't detected by the Logitech Gaming Software which I found out it uses a new software, ghub. Ghub is inferior to the older Logitech Gaming Software in many ways. Some of them..ridiculous. I have no idea why you would tie your new hardware to a buggy software that doesn't seem to have had any sort of UI product testing..
Some of the problems:
1. You can't directly assign buttons. Have to pick them off a list which you can't add to... Logitech Gaming Software could do this
2. Can't assign keys with modifiers (Shift, Alt, Ctrl). Logitech Gaming Software could do this
3. It really wants you to use buttons to change DPI. I tend not to change DPI very often, but it keeps setting the DPI to other values even though I unassigned and disabled the DPI buttons. DPI problems all over Logitech's reddit.
4. With that turned off, the mouse just seems to lose the DPI setting from the software.
5. There's another problem where the DPI doesn't seem to register. I mean that it loses the DPI setting and I have to go back to the software and change the DPI to get it back.
6. Still have no idea how to delete profiles that it automatically added
7. Software has problems with saving to onboard memory. Well, to be fair, I have no idea if it's a bug or more terrible UI. It's all greyed out and when I switch to onboard memory the dpi goes back down to like 400
8. Everything is a struggle. Buttons do different things depending on what "page" you're on..
I honestly don't know how a company the size of logitech with the professionals at their disposal could possibly release such a POS interface.