Top critical review
Nice looking but poor performance and confusing
March 11, 2019
Just installed the Remobell S. It looks good, Installation was relatively easy, and it came with everything necessary to install it in several different conditions. I have however, been disappointed by the performance and the app.
1. The doorbell makes a very loud sound from the camera/button itself, when the button is pressed. I don't see an option to turn this off or the volume down. It sounds like the speaker is blown, it's so obnoxiously loud.
2. The motion detection sensitivity is very unpredictable and unreliable. I set the sensitivity low enough so that a large garbage truck driving past would not set it off. A few minutes later I got motion detection notification and I could not see what set it off. This seems to be a regular occurrence.
3. I have no idea how to adjust the motion detection zone. It doesn't look like the quick start guide in my app. There are four boxes that can be toggled on or off, but I have no idea what they actually do.
4. I was hoping there would be a way too quickly view the camera, but it instead requires going deep into the app and then it opens a live view session that you have to either accept or decline. I just want to see live video and get to it quickly.
5. I don't understand what the push notification frequency setting is for. Why doesn't it either send you a push notification or not when it detects motion?
6. It appears that if you have motion detection on it doesn't send a notification when the button is pushed. That's very confusing. Why would it not always give you a notification when the button is pushed? That's the whole point of a doorbell. What if I want to motion detection only to record video and not give me notification, but I still want notifications when the button is pushed?
7. The Amazon echo integration has been useless and the Google home integration has not worked at all. I wish you could send a notification to the Amazon echo or Google homes when the button was pushed.
8. There does not seem to be a way to toggle on and off all notifications. There are times when I'm at work when I don't want to be notified when someone is at my door. I can turn off motion detection but I can't turn off notifications for when the button is pushed.
9. I have not tried any other video doorbells, but the quality seems poor compared to other cheap IP cams I have.
10. The motion detection video clips are all in fisheye view only. No way to change to regular view.
11. The app in general is very clunky, poorly designed, and confusing.
Overall I'm very disappointed and will likely be returning it unless I can figure some of the stuff out.