Top positive review
Does Stay Up, But Runs Small and Launder Before Wearing
Reviewed in the United States on August 8, 2019
After reading the reviews, I bought these expecting them stay up when I walked. Unfortunately, they slip down into my shoes. While better than some socks I own, they still disappoint.
Update as of September 12, 2019
Having had these now for awhile, I have learned some things about them:
1. If you wear them before laundering them, they will slip down in your shoes. That was my experience and since other reviewers complained about them slipping, I suspect they also wore them fresh out of the package.
2. You do NOT have to hand wash them. I wash them with our colored wash on the permanent press warm wash/cold rinse cycle. Then we put them in the dryer on the colder setting (that is, with our 39-year old dryer, not the blazing hot setting). Like every other sock like these that I own, they shrink. BUT, you can and should give them a good, long stretch, lengthening them about 50%.
3. The stretching before wearing increases my comfort in wearing them.
4. It is key that the heel be in the proper position, even if this means the socks are tight on your toes as they are for me. I have found over the past 2 weeks if the heel is properly positioned, these socks stay up all day no problem.
What I Liked:
1. These socks have rubber ribs in the heel which looked like they would keep the socks from slipping down. And they do as long as you position the heel properly.
2. These socks are reinforced in the toe and heel.
What I Didn’t Like:
1. I wear a size 9 women’s shoe. These socks are not quite long enough to be completely comfortable when the heel is positioned to keep them from slipping down.
2. The laundering instructions are discrepant. First they say to wash cold in a washing machine on the gentle cycle. Then I saw it is recommended that you hand wash them. Laundering recommendations should be clear and consistent.
1. If you are looking for no show socks that don’t slip down into your shoes, these do work as long as you properly position the heel.
2. Be sure to launder them first. Despite the recommendation to hand wash them, it is not necessary. You can wash them on permanent press and dry your dryer’s low setting.
3. They shrink, but bounce back with a good stretch before putting them on.
4. Not for anyone who wears a larger size than 9.
I originally rated these a 2 because they slipped down quickly. I have raised my rating to a 4 because I now understand how to wear them. I can’t make it a 5 because they are tight in the toes.