Top positive review
Everything you need to know about buying no show socks on Amazon! Bambu wins!
October 2, 2016
I have bought sooooo many different pairs of "no show" socks I can't even keep track of all of them. Some I bought on Amazon, some from Walmart, some from Target. For purposes of this review I'm going to mostly just talk about the 3 different pairs I bought on Amazon (since that's where you're shopping). Before I go into detail, I want to say that these socks ended up being my favorites. If that's all you need to hear, then buy them. If you want to know why and which others I tried, read on!
First a little back ground, I am a biochemistry research scientist and the mother of an active autistic 4 year old, so I'm on my feet much of the day. Also, working in a lab means I have to wear closed toe shoes every day. Needless to say I make a good guinea pig for testing socks. I wear womens size 8.5 and buy no show socks to wear mostly with slip on Chuck Taylor sneakers.
My main criteria for buying no show socks are that they have the silicone heel grip (the ones that don't have it don't stay on in my experience), that they fit my size 8.5 feet well and are made of a quality fabric that isn't thin, stiff or gets holes easily.
Here's what I like and what I don't about these specific socks:
- REALLY soft and comfortable! Most of the no show socks I have are really REALLY thin and not substantial/durable at all. That was not the case with these. Not only are the cushy and soft but they are breathable and prevent sweaty feet.
- Fit really well, even after a wash cycle. As mentioned before I am a true size 8.5 and the medium fits great!
- Come up higher on the top of the foot than most no show socks. Depending on the type of shoes you wear this may or may not be a drawback, but for me, I WANTED it. My slip on Chucks have the tag on the inside of the tongue and sometimes it can get uncomfortable or sweaty. I love that these socks come up higher than most to provide optimal comfort!
- Silicone heel grip is perfect. It's hardly noticeable and yet keeps the socks right where they're supposed to be all day!
- Seams are very minimal and aren't uncomfortable at all, even with snug shoes on
The only thing I would list as a negative for these socks is that they're specifically advertised to be worn with Chucks and yet they aren't completely no show with them (see my pictures) but close enough! Beyond that I have absolutely no complaints with these socks!
Bambu vs OSABASA brand: Bambu come up higher on the top of the foot than the Osabasa brand socks (which stay up and are very "no show") but the Osabasa brand are made of a very thin material that isn't very comfortable and wears out much faster. Also the Osabasa brand runs small.
Bambu vs Vero Monte: Vero Monte come up the highest on the foot all the way around of all the no show socks I've tried. They are the most soft and comfortable, stay put well and are packaged very nicely, but in the end they show too much for my liking. Maybe they'd work with other shoes, but not my Chucks (see my review of those to see pics).
In the end, Bambu brand wins! I will be buying more of these socks and in different colors! I hope this helps someone else who is trying to find the right no show sock. The struggle is real...
I did NOT receive this item free or at a discount