Top positive review
It's 2018 and I just bought an FM transmitter. Really!?!
Reviewed in the United States on September 13, 2018
Actually, I can't believe I waited so long. It got delivered about an hour ago and I had it setup in about 5min.
Bought this for a few reasons:
- My new iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack and I don't want to buy a stupid Apple dongle so I can charge and listen.
- My 08 Toyota Highlander's Bluetooth only works for phone calls. Thanks for that Toyota, brilliant!
- A new CarPlay receiver would be great, but that's a lot more $$.
- Since this FM transmitter also USB ports, I can kill two birds with one stone.
- Easy setup
- Sound quality is GREAT!
- Two in one device, USB charger and Bluetooth FM transmitter
- Also has an AUX plug on it if you don't want to use FM
- Takes a second, but pauses my iPhone's audio when I shut off the car
Like I said, set it up in 5min and music sounded GREAT! Did notice slightly better quality/volume using the AUX cable. Wasn't bad at all, but I'll have to give it more listening time to really see if it's significant. In both cases, there was no static at all. I really wasn't expecting it to work this well, but I was so impressed I needed to post a review.
- Takes a second to pause my iPhone's audio when I shut off the car
- Voice prompt on startup that tells you Bluetooth connected
Didn't get 5* for 2 minor things. One, it has a voice announcement on startup that the bluetooth has connected, which to me is cheesy and annoying. I'd prefer a tone or the ability to disable it. Two, although it does pause the audio on my iPhone, it's a little delayed. Again, two minor things but something certainly worth improving if possible.
I'll try to update this review ASAP because I haven't used it for phone calls or charging yet. Overall, would absolutely recommend buying.