Top positive review
A great idea and with some small improvements will be a great product.
November 4, 2018
I really like the concept behind this product and I’ve started seeing a whole lot of them pop up on Amazon. I figured it was time to give one a test. Generally, I found this to be a useful and effective product but there a few niggles that need to be mentioned.
What I like.
• Quality zippered carrying case with storage for all accessories
• Charging options for the wall and car. Chargers charge at 15V 1A which should give it a moderate charging speed.
• Jumper cables are of good quality and are long enough to fit most battery types but could be a bit longer to be more convenient.
• Includes three phone charging cables, Lightning, Micro-USB, and USB-C. Cables are of a quality braided type and are about three feet long.
• Flashlight with 3 modes is a nice feature
• The rear has a hard nub which I assume is for breaking a window but I did not test it 😊
• 1 standard and 1 quick USB charge ports
• Type-C for both input and output.
What I don’t like
• Charging port is proprietary instead of Micro-USB. Yes, the Type-C can be used to charge it so it’s not too big a knock.
• The operation is not real intuitive. For instance. You have to turn the switch to the on position but that does not really turn it on but rather you have then push the button for it to actually turn on.
• When jumping a car it’s not plug-n-play. There are some steps that are not self-explanatory and need you to read the manual first and, oh, it also turns itself off so pay attention to the LED lights and make sure they are on first.
• The text for the indicators and controls is a bit too subtle. I’d like the text and icons to be more pronounced.
What I think is OK but would consider changing
• The output for laptop charging is not necessary I think. I would drop that feature.
• The instructions are not bad but could be improved.
• Improve the length of time the battery will hold a charge when not in use and in the off position.
• It provides 800A max output for jumping and that is good for most passenger cars but 1200A would be better.
It’s a great concept but you will need to keep in mind that it will only hold a full charge for 1-3 months depending on the age of the battery, number of times it’s been recharged and how cold it is. This means that you can’t charge it and forget it until you need it. You need to setup a schedule to ensure you top off the battery so it’s ready when you need it. You could also plug this into the car (input) and use it as your device charging station in the vehicle. That way it stays charged and free’s up the cigarette lighter for other items.