Top positive review
Solid attempt... would be great with improvements
October 24, 2018
I picked up this wallet to see if I can slim down from a bi-fold minimalist wallet. I tried doing a quick comparison with roughly the same amount of cards and bills loaded into each wallet and surprisingly there was not much of a difference. In real world testing they feel roughly the same in the pocket as well.
1) A nice functional design that does not look bad.
1) Though it is still very early, I am concerned about the quality of the wallet. The leather around the opening for the dollar bills already appears to be warping and losing some of its form (though I have not used that area much and have only stored at most a couple of folded bills). One of the corners also appears to have developed a small crease.
2) Kind of top heavy... the "bottom" of the wallet seems thinner than the top when cards are put inside the wallet.
3) You may not be "slimming" down as much as you think if you are coming from another minimalist wallet.
1) The slots used to hold your cards are quite tight, but maybe with time will loosen. Out of the three designated slots to hold your credit cards the bottom slot is the most accessible one, allowing you to use your thumb to push up to access your card. Because the cards in the bottom tiers slightly block the cards above them, it may require you to pry the other two cards with your finger to pull them out. I would recommend that you store your most used card on the bottom tier for that reason.
2) No branding... sticking with the minimalist theme I appreciate that they did not put any visible branding on the wallet.
I will likely stick with this wallet for the time being as I do like the look.