Top critical review
This product has a 90 days parts warranty for a reason.
July 13, 2017
I decided to take up rowing to manage a medical condition. I wanted a cheap, simple, reliable rower. I didn't need fancy features, just a rower. It broke within a month.
* Functional enough when first set up
* Pretty good looking
* Complicated set up. I assembled it without problem, but to have a smaller package, they divided it into many more parts. It took around 45 minutes with two people.
* If you are even somewhat flexible (or maybe long armed), you may "bottom out" returning, preventing a full range of motion.
* The handle isn't very well designed. The machine's "chain" is actually some polyester. Like what a seat-belt is made of. Its looped around the handle in a recession in the grip, and will slide from one side to the other, forcing you to apply more force from one side than the other. The handle is also narrow and can be uncomfortable.
* There is nothing to adjust drag. And the setting it was on was way to high. I would be at 17 (mph? m/s?) and it might go down to 3-4 on the rest/return portion of row.
* The "computer" was very simple. I believe distance tracked is miles, rather than km. It updates very slow for speed.
* Rowing at even a relaxed pace will cause the machine to slowly slide forward on the ground
*The box you receive it in is small, and stapled together. This will make it impossible to ship back in that box, unless you want to remove many staples to prevent from having to rip the box apart
* The foot holder is also badly designed, and doesn't really enhance range of motion very much.
* I used it for ~25 days of rowing, at around 45 minutes a day average. The spring return mechanism then broke. The manufacturer knows of this defect, but will not correct it with a more durable mechanism. Another amazon reviewer said that the manufacturer told him the product should be expected to wear out with their "heavy" 45 minute a day use. Another reviewer had this part break twice. Like I said, I am using this to manage a medical condition, and I'm not an athlete. This breaking is ridiculous.
* There is is a reason why it only has a 90 day parts warranty. Don't expect it to last much longer if you actually use it.