Top positive review
Love this product - bonus recipe just for reading!
April 16, 2018
Love this product! I need to keep my sugars low and this allows me to continue to enjoy baked goods that double as meals.
A favorite quick and easy crowd pleasing low-carb keto-friendly recipe I created with this product is a skillet shortcake. I'm not big on measuring, so these are all estimates... adjust to your liking.
1. Put 2 Tbsp butter (or use ghee, if you have it) in a skillet and heat to medium heat.
2. Melt butter in microwave (3 Tbsp), then whisk in rest of ingredients in this order:
1/2 cup Splenda (or equivalent sweetness of low-glycemic not-sugar of your choice),
1/2 tsp vanilla extract,
1/2 tsp almond extract,
1/3 cup full-fat sour cream,
2/3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
3. When the mixture is about the consistency of thick pancake batter (reminds me of cornbread batter), pour into hot buttered skillet and smooth it out with back of your spoon so it lies evenly in shape of a giant pancake.
4. When it looks like only the top is still "wet" then slide it onto a plate. Cover with the skillet and carefully invert them together so the other side of the cake is now facing down on the hot pan.
5. Let it finish cooking briefly.
6. Slice and enjoy.
We love this smeared with slightly sweetened cream cheese/vanilla combo (make your own so you don't have sugar in it) and chopped fresh strawberries on it. Or, melt some sugar-free chocolate chips and spread on it for a soft biscotti type treat.