Top positive review
I love it, but here’s what you need to know.
May 11, 2018
This is exactly what I was looking for but here’s some things you should know before buying this doll.
1. She is not truly weighted. She is heavier because full vinyl dolls are usually heavier than soft bodied doll. But she has no material to make her heavier.
2. She is NOT silicone. She is vinyl. Silicone is softer and heavier, but also more fragile and not appropriate for young children.
3. She is not a true reborn. She is painted, as opposed to the unpainted version that is also available on Amazon.
4. She does have nipples and a vagina. That is what makes her anatomically correct.
5. Her eyelashes come off very easily. If you are going to give this to a young child, you may want to pull them off so they don’t end up in the mouth. I pulled mine off because the eyelashes were the only thing I didn’t like about this doll. I was able easily pull them off with my fingers.
6. This is a small doll. Her entire body head to toe is only about the length of my forearm. I have included a picture of this doll between a 9.5 inch Berenguer doll and a 12 inch Corolle doll. If you want a bigger doll, look for a 12 inch size.
7. The body, limbs, and head are not sealed. If you put this doll in the bathtub she will get water inside. You can take her apart to get the water out but don’t mistake this for a true bath doll.
8. Full vinyl dolls are not cuddly. If you want a cuddly doll for bedtime, choose a soft body doll.
9. 10 inch doll clothes are available, but they cost more and are harder to find. Rosalina sells 10 inch dresses and there are many people that make 10” doll clothes and sell them on eBay. If you want cheaper clothes, looks for the 8-10” size, which should fit her.
Like I said at the beginning, this doll is exactly what I was looking for. I collect dolls, so I knew most of this stuff by looking at her, but for those who don’t buy a lot of dolls, I wanted to clarify the details.