Top positive review
SO glad I got this instead of a Dyson
June 3, 2017
I absolutely LOVE this vacuum.
The Backstory: I agonized endlessly over whether to get this Shark DuoClean Lift Away or the Dyson Cinetic Animal (which costs a decent bit more, by the way). I even posted to Facebook looking for input because I was SO split between the two (The results from my Facebook friends, by the way, were as follows: A few Dyson fans, but overall, the response was much more in favor of Shark). I see a vacuum purchase as something that I plan on keeping a long time (10 years at least), so I didn't mind spending extra for one that would last.
What I SO love about the Shark Duo-Clean Lift Away:
1. The steering/handling- Let me just tell you, this thing handles like a DREAM. The steering is flawless, it turns on a dime, it cozies up to edges with no problems. It even gets to the edges under my kitchen cabinets and gets all those little crumbs due to the low profile of the motorized head.
2. The flexibility- One of the things that sorely tempted me to get a Dyson was those commercials where it shows that skinny lady effortlessly disconnecting the wand and dusting up high, and all those fancy attachments. The Shark can do all that and more! (well, it hasn't made me skinny...) You can detach the long wand, or just the handle, and you can even attach the motorized head to the long wand to get under beds. It also comes with a motorized pet brush just like Dyson that works wonders on the pet hair that gets on my couch and the stairs. And with the Shark, not only can you detach the wand and handle (which the Dyson can also do), you can go into "lift away mode" and detach the canister body from the upright and carry it up the stairs (or wherever) making stair cleaning SO much easier.
3. The attachments: In the box, you get a crevice tool, a pet multi tool, a dusting brush, an under appliance tool, and the motorized pet tool. I have used all of them and they are all actually useful! I actually really love the dusting tool, its so easy to use it to dust blinds and ceiling fans by disconnecting the wand.
4. The DUOclean: Honestly, I was not convinced from the pictures that the second brush roll was some sort of revolutionary innovation that would really make this vacuum work better. BUT- I stand corrected. It really does work well. It does two things well- First, it removed the plastic front of the vacuum that usually goes all the way to the carpet and added a soft brush roll, which allows it to actually pick up larger particles (i.e., round cereal pieces, cat food, small legos) instead of just pushing them around in the front which most vacuums do. Second, it works WONDERS (wonders, I tell ya) on bare floors. It has sort of a polishing effect, and its also great for picking up dust and tiny particles on the floor.
5. The 3 floor modes: I love the I can control from the handle whether the brush rolls are in bare floor, deep pile, or short pile carpet. Great design.
What my husband SO loves about the Shark DuoClean:
The Brush Roll Garage and the Hair Cutting tool- Living with 3 long-haired girls, my husband has been doomed to constantly cutting long hairs that get wound around the brush bars on every.single.vaccum.we.have.ever.had. (Hey, I vacuum, he does the maintenance. It works for us!) Now, this vacuum doesn't make that problem go away exactly. However, it used to involve him having to turn our vacuum upside down and use a pair of scissors to try and reach in there to cut all the hairs off the bar. Shark, in their infinite wisdom, has included a brush roll garage, which essentially means that, from the top, you can remove a panel to get easy access to the brush rolls, and even snap them right out with ease. It also comes with a little hair cutting tool stored right in the vacuum by the brush roll. What a great innovation! I'm sure they didn't think of it first, but it's the first vacuum I've ever seen it on. Love it!
Get this vacuum, you won't regret it. (By the way, I paid full price for this on Amazon)