Top positive review
Feels like a hug for your feet
August 14, 2017
I spend at least 8 hours a day at the office, and the first thing I do when I get into my office is change into slippers. The old pair that I had got worn out, so I set out to search for a better pair with a good sole (the older pair was a bit slippery, and I almost went flying quite a few times). After searching and searching, I found these.
- A solid rubber/non-slip sole
- A back lip, so my feet don't slide out easily
- Soft cushioning to stay comfortable in all day
- All black (this is just a preference, because I prefer a neutral color to slip into with any outfit). I only include this because I found that adding this to my search criteria limited the results significantly.
How these slippers turned out:
- The sole is thick, solid, and a bit heavy. I actually appreciate the weight on the shoe, because they won't flop around like many other slippers do.
- The back lip is just thick enough to hug your feet, but not too thick that it feels uncomfortable.
- The cushioning. OH THE CUSHIONING. I slipped my feet into these puppies and I felt like they were hugging my feet like they loved me and wanted the best for me. I have slightly wide feet (skinny overall, but wide from side to side), and these slippers wrapped around my feet just right, without making them feel suffocated or stuffy.
A couple of other things to keep in mind:
- These slippers are THICK. If your feet get hot easily, these might not be the ones for you.
- As many of the other reviews state, these do run a bit small. I wear 8.5 in just about every shoe, but these (I bought the L size) feel like they're just about 2 millimeters too short. I do think that they might fit perfectly over time, though, because the cushioning will form to my feet a bit, and it'll be less puffy than it is, now. Still, given the fact that the large size is for sizes 8.5-9, I'd say that they still do run a little small. I say order one full size up, just to be safe.
Overall, even with the size issue (the reason for the one missing star), I do love how they feel and they're exactly what I was looking for!
** EDIT, MONTHS LATER:
I am now updating this review, and adding the 5th star. As I had suspected, wearing them around for a bit has molded the cushioning to my feet wonderfully, and the "slightly small" feeling is gone, as the lip on the back of the slipper now cups my heel perfectly. I've worn these shoes almost every day, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, for several months now and I am SO glad that I found them.
If my review has helped you in any way, please let me know, or hit "Yes" under this review. Thank you! :)