Top positive review
Good addition to an 8 inch tablet.
June 6, 2017
First impressions after a few days:
- This tablet fits my Asus Vivotab Note 8 perfectly although it wasn't made specifically for that tablet. This means no cut-outs for the speakers, camera and pen, but its dimensions make for a good carrying case for my tablet.
- The Bluetooth keyboard has decent feel and travel and it feels sturdy enough. I have no issues with the keys so far, although I wish they were backlit. (Not a problem though) It does have led indicators for charging, Bluetooth connecting and caps lock.
- The case material feels smooth and pleasant and I hope it'll remain durable over time.
Some things to note:
- The touch pad on the keyboard could provide a better experience. I like that it has left-click and right-click, but it has a slightly textured surface and doesn't feel as good or smooth as when I'm using my laptop. It works but it could be improved upon. Perhaps I'm still getting used to its small size as well.
- The flap or piece that serves as the kickstand is held closed by magnets but I wish there was an additional folding piece or brace that helps keep it in place when it's open; maybe if it had an actual hinge that could serve that purpose, it would have been great. I guess that might have made the case heavier or too bulky though.
Overall I can say that this case serves as a good companion to my tablet and I am able to use it problem free so far, to get my work done.