Top positive review
Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2017
I went round in circles reading coffee maker reviews - looking for a new one after my third cuisinart stopped working. I finally decided “ it is just water over ground beans” and from the reviews about 25% of all brands break in the first year: conclusion - don’t spend too much. Summary of this one:
- works fine.
- looks attractive on counter ( sorry, yes that is important to me)
- I was worried mostly that I could get a very strong brew. I can. In fact am using less beans in this than my previous.
- filter is cone but weird oval shape. #4 papers or you can take your cone gold filter and sort of bend it to fit.
- plastic taste issue - apparently common. There was a strong plastic smell “ Outgassing” aggravated by heating so I understand. I did a vinegar and water brew and then about 5 water brews; thought I still smelled it, so did a lemon juice and water brew followed by 5 water only, the repeated the vinegar brew and 5 waters. I am not smelling or tasting plastic. I am leaving the lid to the back open for a while I think just in case / to help.
- carafe doesn’t dribble like cuisinart did. Wow, that’s nice.
- water reservoir a little small to fill, but no more than old one. I considered a $50 with removable resevoir - that seemed nice but this is okay - especially as the darn carafe is not dribbling.
I will update if things change. So far so good.