Top critical review
Cute and Super Duper Light, but Like Wearing Buckets
August 10, 2018
- These are the LIGHTEST WEIGHT RAIN BOOT YOU CAN FIND. Seriously, these things weigh nothing. I looked FOREVER (and I mean forever) for travel rain boots, and these were PERFECT. (In a backpack, every ounce counts.) Most rain boots are made of rubber or PVC, and this is made of the secret Crocs material ...whatever that is.
- They don't have unnecessary frills like buckles, polka-dots, logos, etc. I can't stand that. Instead, they have a clean, simple silhouette with nice, well-designed curves.
- They have a round, ample toe-box -- which I find more aesthetic than the basic (yawn) toe-cut, and it is healthier for your foot.
- The material is somewhat cushy under your foot. Similar to a very firm foam?
- There is no lining and no in-sole. It is all made out of the same material. With no interfacing, (combined with the fact that the boot is not super flexible,) I can imagine it causes rubbing over time. It wouldn't provide any warmth in cooler weather, either.
- It was like wearing two OVERSIZED BUCKETS!! I ordered a half size up thinking I could add an insole (and as I am a half size, and they did not come in my size), and the boots SWALLOWED ME. The shaft / foot opening circumference is 13" -- which might be fine if you have very large calves. If you have medium to skinny legs, however, the opening is huuuuge, and it would collect rain. It looked like I was wearing two giant black marshmallows stuck on two toothpicks. It wasn't comfy. Nor cute. And it wouldn't keep rain out.
Sadly, I had to return them.
Note: CROCS, IF YOU'RE LISTENING -- can you make these with a smaller circumference?? And / or with an adjustable foot opening? Not everyone has the same calf width. And no one makes rain boots as light weight as you!!