Top critical review
Good Camera for General Use
Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2020
Well made sturdy camera with excellent network acquisition. Unfortunately, has software issues. I sent my concerns to the manufactureer, but they have not been interested. Camera has excellent clarity in both SD and HD resolution.
1. My favorite feature is "Patrol". It has the ability to store up to 6 positions, called "Sites". This is great if you have a warehouse, or small store, or a home with hallways and doors you would like to monitor for any intruders. After you save the up-to 6 Sites, you hit the Patrol button on your Smartphone, and the camera automatically cycles to each position in sequence and pauses for any movement. If there is an event you will be alerted and the event is saved on the Cloud, or SD card. The camera can hold up to a 128Gb TF micro SD. The SD card does NOT come with the camera.
2. It has 2 resolutions...HD and SD. the clarity is good in either setting.
3. It can be set for "Motion Detection" or "Motion Tracking". In Motion Detection the camera will send an alert, record the event, but stay in its original position Site. In Motion Tracking the camera will send you an alert, and the camera will follow the object motion automatically while in the cameras range of site.
4. It can function in the dark. Around the lens is a series of Infrared lights which will allow detection and recording in the dark. This feature can be turned on or off, or set to Auto where the camera will determine when to use the IR lights.
5. It has a setting to allow you to recalibrate the camera automatically whenever you need to.
6. It comes with a mounting bracket and screws so that it can be mounted in your room, on the wall or ceiling. The camera picture can be flipped on the Smartphone if needed.
7. It has a built in speaker so that the Smartphone can be used to send audio to the camera at any time.
8. It has 3 sensitivities, Low, Medium and High, so you won't be annoyed by slight lighting changes, etc., in the room, creating false alarms.
9. You can set the camera to record non-stop while it is on, or only record during an event. All events are sent to your message center immediately, and notification on your Smartphone. You can view your events on the SD card or off the Cloud.
10. You can set a daily schedule for when you want the camera to start and stop automatically. It can be set for any times and any days of the week. Additionally, you can set a recording schedule.
11. You can monitor as many as 4 of these cameras at one time on the LITTLELF SMART APP, with names of cameras and locations.
1. Able to be connected by WiFi or LAN in a few minutes.
2. 4 cameras can be used to monitor on one App.
3. Price is good for Tilt, Zoom, and Pan camera.
4. Sturdy build. Comes with mounting bracket for wall or ceiling.
5. User Friendly interface. Although, has many functions that don't work properly.
6. InfraRed night vision, if wanted.
7. Good clarity with SD or HD resolutions.
1. Should include a small micro SD card, initially. Maybe an inexpensive 8Gb, so buyers can immediately use recorded information for their own testing and accustomization period. Hopefully, the price would not go up much for this great price camera. Buyers can then upgrade with larger SD cards, dependent on their needs.
2. One major issue is that it is nearly impossible to find recorded events you want to see. Needs event button with next and previous features. Most good cameras have this feature.
3. Sometimes impossible to erase message events. They are there, you see them, you select and erase them but they are still listed.
4. There are 6 site positions which sounds great. Unfotunately, if you want to stay on that one site, like a particular door you want to monitor, don't be surprised if the camera wants to move somewhere else and you wind up recording the wrong location. Why? I haven't figured that out.
4. Cannot download your videos from either your SD card or the Cloud. Very disappointing.
Overall, the camera is sturdy, easy to set up, good clarity, but needs much better software development. Good price at $40.
Update: After using for months, updates yo software have gotten worse.
Camera goes into and out of slerp mode for no reason. Camera tracking will follow objects then not return, only to wind up pointing at the back wall never to return. In sleep mode will reconnect on its own. Site mode will change and aimlessly wander to unknown stopping points. Will show numerous alerts for no reason.
Good camera, bad software. It must be minitored at all times because cannot be trusted.