Top positive review
Great deal for the Money!
July 25, 2018
Great deal for the Money! I replaced all my curly florescent type blubs and Halogen type with these and wow they look awesome.
- Bright! Maybe even brighter than a normal 60 W bulb (in my opinion)
- You cannot tell these are LEDs the light looks the same "warmth" as a normal 60 W bulb
- 10 to 22-year life, I am not sure if they will actually last this long but we'll see.
- The box claims 82% less energy than halogen bulbs, again we'll see.
- Only slightly warm to the touch even after being on for hours. No fear of the little ones burning themselves touching the lamplight.
- Plastic so if you drop they won't shatter into sharp glass fragments.
- Put this in my outdoor porch light and I swear it attracts fewer bugs than the normal 60 W bulb but my result is very unscientific as it could be temperature, rain or other factors causing a decrease in bugs.
- They don't work well with a dimmer switch, but this is made clear in the ad. I will say it kind of works for a small range then it starts wildly flickering which is not good for the bulb or your eyes. If you have a dimmer you need to keep it on full (which kind of defeats the reason for the dimmer)
- The porcelain base most of the time stays hidden away but, on some lamps and ceiling fans, it is clearly visible. I much prefer that look to the curly lights.