Top positive review
Bam! Saved $11/month in 2 days and 5 minutes! (UPDATED 4/5)
Reviewed in the United States on March 21, 2018
Five minutes after arriving on our doorstep, the new cable modem is up and running. Bracing myself for difficulty with Comcast, I was pleased at how easy setup was without ever having to speak to Comcast's clueless CS. Using a laptop with an Ethernet jack, here's how easy it was:
1) Wrote down my Comcast account number (This is the MOST important step!!!)
2) Connected modem to cable, power, and phone line
3) Connected Ethernet cable to modem and computer
4) Waited three minutes for the first three lights to blink steady (they'll blink and flash while the modem is syncing. You could wait up to 10 minutes for sync).
5) Turned off WiFi
6) Opened web browser, and Firefox had a nice little 'show login page' button appeared (if this doesn't show, you can go to xfinity.com/activate)
7) Entered my account number and street address
8) The modem reset itself. I plugged that into my Luma and we were off to the races!
Ironically, Comcast sent a new tower modem a week ago. I don't know if it's me, but this seems faster than that did - speed about the same but ping time is now 9ms instead of 14 and pages that seemed to load slowly before pop in immediately. Biggest bonus is that we're saving $11/month going forward.
UPDATE: 4/5/18 - Everything was working perfectly until Comcast turned off my service this weekend because the modem wasn't registered in the right database and Comcast thought I had no equipment. Object lesson: After activating online, call Comcast to make sure the equipment has registered across all of their databases - 5 minutes could save you 2 hours! The modem, however, is working flawlessly and I still highly recommend it!