Top positive review
Better than competing Indoor cameras
Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2018
Overall, this camera is extremely easy to setup and use. I tested it both indoor and outdoor. Panning is a HUGE bonus even though there is a latency during live viewing. Highly recommended over other products like Foscam or NEST.
From the get go, the packaging is very well thought out. It resembles the experience of opening an Apple product. It comes with a lengthy USB cable (6ft+) as well as USB to Ethernet. Getting the camera setup was extremely simple.
1) plug in power
2) download app on your tablet/phone
3) run through a short setup of a few basic questions (including Wifi). During setup, a QR code is presented. Face it towards the Camera and verification of setup is quick and easy.
All in all, maybe 7 minutes from box opening to fully functional including downloading the app.
Although it's not rated for Outdoor use, we set the camera up in the backyard. We have a lot of small wildlife throughout the year. There was no moisture and maybe 53F at night, the camera held up great. The IR provided a very clear picture in the dark. The motion detection picked up our usual raccoons, rabbits, and even moths. The picture wasn't over exposed or low quality like some IR based cameras. Camera panning had no issues at all. Motion tracking does well if the subject moves at a normal human walking pace. It wasn't designed to capture scurrying animals let alone being outdoors.
For fun, the camera was hidden inconspicuously in the living room. Hiding in the other room, the mic feature allowed me to talk to my younger elementary aged kids. Obviously surprised, we carried on with a "try and find me", audio was loud and clear. Low light environment, the picture is still incredibly clear. Camera was also placed to monitor our front door area. With cars driving by, it didn't always capture motion detection, but when our postal carrier or delivery driver came around, sure enough the "Human Detection" alert came up on the phone.
The app is intuitive, making it easy to navigate across multiple devices. The cloud feature makes it easy to search back different points in time. The "play from cloud" button didn't always work correctly. Video would be "loading" infinitely. Thinking it was wifi issue, my phone was placed near a strong wifi source, still no go. Had to quit and re-open app before it started working. Could be isolated to my iPhone 8.
- Power over Ethernet = Deploying a handful of cameras throughout the home would help the limitations of power outlets. Why mount a camera upside down on a ceiling if there's a power cord hanging from it?
- Cloud function works about 90% of the time for reviewing old footage. Playback from Alerts work flawlessly.
- Panning feature can be laggy at times, it's probably going to cloud and back. Panning speed (slow vs fast) will help dial in more precise viewing position.