Top positive review
Real Kanken, and very happy!
Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2017
I've heard a lot of things about these bags being fake, however, I ordered the warm yellow one and I checked all the signs for it to be real and they were all good. This specific one is from outland usa, and while I can't say that anything else is real and not fake, the bag that I got from them is the real one. Some people have pointed out signs that makes it real, so I'll write them here too:
- it has "Y K K" written very very small on the side of the zipper part that actually goes through the zipper, NOT the zipper tag.
- on the underside of the button, one of them says "WASA6" and it was printed how I've seen genuine buttons to be.
- the fox button looked like the one that is real; it is darker and smoother
- the logo on the front IS reflective! this took me a while to figure out, but if you take a picture of it with flash on then you'll see the reflectivity.
- the bag material doesn't feel like canvas, but isn't placticy either. it's "polyvinyl alkohol".
- the bag material is fairly thick.
- the handles on the top have a thick band, and have a deep weaving rather than a smooth and shiny one that you'd see on many fake ones.
- it came with a small fjallraven kanken slip that showed me the other bags.
I hope this helps anyone trying to buy the warm yellow or anyone trying to see if their bag is fake! I'll attach photos.