Top critical review
Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2019
Unfortunately, this was the usual derivative, unimaginative claptrap. Huge plot holes abound, but they would have taken too much thought to reconcile. Impossible contraptions and mechanisms drive each dramatic chapter, and this took the enjoyment out of reading. The level of dramatic development is around a high school level, and I had figured out the upcoming "big plot twist" at the "63% read" Mark, which meant that for the remaining 37% of the book the plot felt really contrived and predictable.
Dialogue is not bad, I didn't cringe while reading it, so there's that. But generally, I felt it was not time well spent in reading.
Maybe at 35, the author is too young to imagine and write compelling story and narrative?