Top critical review
Horrible - Faulty and Dangerous. Beware!
Reviewed in the United States on November 26, 2020
I wasn't willing to submit my dog to something that I myself wasn't able to take. I used myself to set the level for my Shih Tzu. Unfortunately, the ability to dial in any setting under 20 was difficult as the display would bounce wildly. There was no real way for us to set anything under 20 reliably. I finally got it to 13 or so.
We would use it when he became overly yappy or didn't come when being called back into the house. It worked pretty well for that. But what happened next seared itself into my memory. I rarely had to shock as the vibration (buzzing) or sound worked quite well.
My little doggo was behind the garage and his nemesis was allowed out from our rear-facing neighbor. My dog proceeded to yap like crazy. I beeped him. The yapping proceeded. I beeped him again. No stopping. So I vibrated him. Yap...yap...yap. I vibrated again. Nothing.
So I stepped onto my back porch and decided it was time for a real shock. I clicked on the shock button. He stopped for a moment and then both dogs went right back at it. I then pressed the button a second time.
The image is seared into my mind. My poor dog made a sound like he was being murdered. I then my dog trying to run back to the house but it was like his front legs weren't functioning properly and his eyes were rolling back into his head. Panicking I looked down at the controller and saw that the shock button was stuck in the down position giving my poor little guy a continuous stream of painful electricity.
I quickly pulled the button up with my fingernails and stopped the shocking. My dog wouldn't come near me for days. I checked the power setting on the shock and now somehow it was on 70!
We threw it out that day.