Top critical review
Incredibly soft but must be replaced often/stain easily
December 7, 2019
I love how soft these wash clothes are but I have a few issues with them:
1) they are incredibly soft and compared to similar products that are available, they are better than most. However, if you’re looking for durability, you might want to consider an alternative material. I don’t feel that bamboo holds up well compared to cotton (or other) materials.
2) The tag is in consistently placed. On some towels, it is placed on one side (the softer side) and on others (the more abrasive side, which is a harsh word to describe it). The inconsistency of this can be irritating, but luckily on those washclothes that have the tag sewn into the softer side, I can use the “abrasive” side since it’s not even nearly as rough as cotton.
3) These become mis-shaped VERY easily. If, for instance, you hang them to dry, they will become shaped like a trapezoid rather than a square.
4) If you are washing off something that could stain them (in my case, a facial mask with clay ingredients), make sure to only use the “abrasive” side. If the softer side is used to remove the product, it’s nearly impossible to remove the color transfer left on the washcloth. They are color-tainted EXTREMELY easily and I wouldn’t recommend them if you use charcoal products.
4) They aren’t “lint-free”. It’s not lint in the traditional sense but these will leave little rolls of bamboo all over you, if used in the shower or to towel off. That’s SUPER annoying but I’ve accepted that this will happen with all products. These produce a fair amount of this lint-like pilling but this pilling can be diminished by using the “abrasive” side when in contact with your skin.
My skin is incredibly sensitive and bamboo products are without question, the best available option for me. I am incredibly particular about towels and these are far better in terms of softness and don’t irritate my skin nearly as much as some brands. If you don’t have an issue with replacing them frequently, give them a shot. I would say that after about 3 months, each set becomes thin and should be replaced. They’re better than most Bamboo towels but I still feel have a lot to improve upon. It’s difficult to find 100% bamboo towels (especially in larger, bath towel-sized offerings) and the issues that I’ve described may be why that’s the case :(